Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Rainy Day and Wednesdays . . .


What is it about rainy days that make us want to curl up with a book? In my case, it's curling up to write a book rather than read one. It rained most of the day in Delaware, today, and I did get my goal-pages written, but I also took the time to discover some interesting facts about rain. These are in no particular order and I can't swear by any of them-- who knows? I read it on the Internet.

*It has been known to rain animals, mostly fish, sometimes frogs . . . and the occasional bird

*The heaviest average rainfall (about 430 inches) occurs in Cherrapunji, India where they've been know to get as much as 87 feet in a year . . . yes, of rain

*Umbrellas were originally created to protect us from the sun

*Raindrops don't fall in a teardrop, but in a flat oval

*In the movie Singing in the Rain, Gene Kelly is dancing in a mixture of milk and water-- it showed up better on film

Happy rainy Wednesday.





No comments:

Post a Comment