Saturday, October 12, 2013

My mom, Judith E. French, and I are doing a Writers' Workshop to benefit the Camden Friends Meeting House building fund. They have a gorgeous 200 year old church that's always in need of repairs and upkeep. I'm looking forward to the workshop as it's been ages since I did one of these. We'll be talking about some of the "tricks" or "secrets" to getting your first book published. Of course there aren't really any tricks or secrets-- the information is out there. You just have to find it.  When I started out in this business, unpublished, I was willing to do just about anything or pay anything to talk to a real, live author. And so many authors helped me. Without their knowledge and support, I don't know if I would have ever sold that first book. So, while this workshop is a fundraiser, I'm doing it out of love for my craft, and in the hopes that I might be able to help another writer. I can send info to anyone who's interested. Contact me at ColleenFaulknerNovels@gmail.com


Writers' Workshop

November 9, 10-2
Camden, DE
$45

No comments:

Post a Comment